Monday, April 27, 2009

k.d


I spend half my life listening to her dreams,

I’ve told her, no one cares about other people’s dreams…

It’s a fact of life.

She says, “No but this one was really weird”…

I say, I know.

 

I spend the other half of my life listening to her desires.

She wants to be free,

Free of males & free of commitment.

She says, “I like my life just the way it is.”

I say, I know.

 

She tells me that she isn’t interested in him, or any other of his kind.

I say, I know.

 

But I hear her.

I hear her thumbs pushing each letter.

I hear her squeals & her excitement.

 

She says, “Its nothing”

I say, I know.

 

Its not until later,

Once he has fallen for her that I begin to hear everything else.

 

She ends up in a web again.

She has lured him in & tangled him in her web.

But now, she (herself) is caught in it all.

All eight legs, wrapped up in the stickyness she (herself) has spun.

 

So here’s my how-to for her.

  1. Take your foot off the accelerater.
  2. Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
  3. Be cool as a cucumber
  4. Remember every stick has two ends.
  5. Don’t let it Grow like a weed.
  6. The grass is never greener on the otherside.
  7. Keep your head above water.
  8. Let sleeping dogs lie.
  9. Measure twice, cut once.
  10. Shake like a leaf.
  11. & my own, ‘don’t break hearts’.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment